- We are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Australian Privacy Principles (APP Standards) and any other applicable data protection and privacy legislation in force from time to time in Australia, including (to the extent applicable), the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) (collectively referred to as Privacy Laws).Your privacy is really important to us and all of the information that we ask you to provide is necessary for us to be able to complete your order.
- When you place an order with us, you are agreeing for us to contact you in the future about any new products, sales & offers. You can always choose to opt out of these at any time.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, AfterPay, ZipPay or PayPal), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We also use device information through our Digital Marketing channels such as Instagram, Facebook, and Google.
information on their behalf. Sheet Society partners with Impact, who may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalisation of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection and use of your personal information and your rights, please visit: https://impact.com/privacy-policy/
Storing personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure any Personal Information provided to us is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration, both online and offline.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your Personal Information with our related bodies corporate, and with our service provides including providers of data storage, auditing, accounting, legal, business consulting, mail and delivery, marketing, data analysis, document management, insurance, website, and technology services. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations including the Privacy Laws.
Third Party Sites
Accessing your personal information
If at any time you would like to access, correct, or change any Personal Information provided to us by you, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email or mail using the details provided below:
Sheet Society Pty Ltd
Att: Data Privacy Officer
380 Johnston Street Abbotsford VIC 3067, Australia
For further information regarding the Privacy Act, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at www.oaic.gov.au.