A question as old as time. Or least as old as the time you moved out of home.
Make Mum Proud
We typed it into Google and wondered why Martha Stewart was telling us how to do our job. Like our bed sheets, we knew there had to be a better way.
So dust off your domestic elbow and get ready to impress your mum.Made Mum proud yet?
Tag your results @thesheetsociety or sing out if you're still getting lost in your fitted sheet instead of your dreams.
The Pincher method
1. First, grab your fitted sheet, inside out.
2. Now, put your hands in the corners.
3. Fold your right hand over the left and pinch the corner.
4. Tuck in the third corner, and pinch and hold it together with the others.
5. Tuck in the fourth corner in the same way. Pinch and hold all four corners together.
6. Give it a shake and straighten the two loose edges.
7. Lay the sheet on a flat surface.
8. Fold into thirds length wise and then into thirds again to make a square.
The Marie Kondo method
1. Start by laying your sheet flat on the bed, with the elastic facing you.
2. Try to make it as flat and square as possible.
3. Fold into thirds lengthwise, so the edges touch.
4. Fold in half.
5. Fold in half again. It helps if you chop where you want to fold.
6. And if you want to go full Kondo, give it a roll.
The Hula method
Take both ends of the sheet, so it falls like a hammock.
Lay it out on a flat surface and fold into thirds.
When you hold it up it should look like a Hula skirt.
Lay it flat again and fold into thirds another time lengthways.
Fold into thirds one last time and you're done.
The Best method
(According to Soph, anyway)
1. Grab your fitted sheet, right way out.
2. Find the two corners on the long edge and pull them inside out.
3. Now, put your hands back in the corners.
4. Fold your right hand over the left, and pinch the corner.
5. Swap hands and slide your other hand down the elastic until you find the other corners. Give it a good shake so that the corners are matching and it’s hanging evenly.
6. Repeat the last step and fold your right hand over the left, pinch the corners and fold over.
7. Give it another good shake.
8. Now move to a flat surface and the elastic should create a nice L shape. Straighten out the sheet so it creates a square.
9. Fold into thirds, starting with the messy side, then the straight side.
10 Then fold into thirds again, and there you have it.